Thursday, August 30, 2007

Words from Team SA about the Race...

"My highlight was climbing the mast. It was so great for me, because while I was climbing, I felt I could overcome everything and I could achieve everything only if I worked hard on it!"
Belinda Mabilwana, 21, Langa



"When you are up there on the mast, you feel you are on top of the world!" Daphné Jacobs, 17, Ocean View


"This trip has been so much more than I ever imagined, the experience on the open sea has surpassed my wildest imagination. A feeling of freedom, of utopia, of real paradise!" Sarah Enticott, 22, Constantia


"It is a very liberating thing, a very exciting and emotional privilege that I can be here, it's really cool!" Bettina Kabutz, 26, Bantry Bay


Our sincerest thanks to all who made this initiative possible! In particular the team thanks:

Sailtraining International, UK; At Sea Sail Training, Netherlands; MSC Foundation for Youth; Kathy Ackerman Robins and David Robins/ The Ackerman Family Foundation; Gill Jensen; Ian Gelderblom; Sanna Räisänen and friends; Tanja Vollperg; Jeremy Bagshaw/Penny Pinchers; Sarum Engineering; Manex Marine; Design Ahead Productions

Please join the team for the "Homecoming Celebration" on Tuesday, 4 September 2007 at False Bay College, Westlake Campus! For more information contact Anja: cwet.volunteer@gmail.com